Sunday, February 20, 2011

"sometimes you get so lonely, sometimes you get nowhere. . ."

Hey there my lovely blog readers!

It’s been a few days since I’ve blogged.  Sorry.  Mainly because it’s been kinda depressing around here for me.  Where to even begin?  Wednesday me, Tiffers, mom, Granny and Bug all went to see Tiffers and Chris’ new place and out to eat with his parents.  That was lovely.  The ride there not so good.  Three hours in the cramped backseat was not good at all for my back.  By the time I got home I thought I was going to die.  At one point, it hurt so bad I thought I thought I was gonna puke in the back seat.  Not cool.

Then I had to work the next day at 9.  My back is 10 times worse in the morning anyway, but this day it was like 50 times worse, but I totally made it cuz I’m stubborn like that.  Cut some hair, made me a little cash, came home and rested all day. 

Friday.  The only good thing about Friday was my tax return came in.  Suh-weet!  We had an entire days worth of shopping planned.  I’ve been putting off all kinds of things I need to do and buy until my taxes came in.  For example, I’ve been watching a blue tv for months!  Plus my meds, for a one month supply is like $70 so I’ve got without for a little bit until I had the cash to refill it again.  It sucks not having insurance.  Someday though.  First thing we did was weigh in.  I was so freakin’ disappointed that when I talked to my WW leader, I could have cried.  I didn’t lose anything.  I’d maintained my exact weight from last week to the decimal.  I’d been following my plan exactly.  So yeah.  That was that.  And by the time we’d been done shopping, I was dead.  Quite literally.

Saturday I get up to go to work and my leg is screaming in pain.  I get my shower, hair done, make-up on.  I can’t bend over to put my socks on.  I try a couple of times and just cry.  I’m miserable.  You have no idea how horrible it is not to be able to put your own socks and shoes on.  (Lots of thanks to my mom and Tiffers for helping me out some mornings!  *muah*)  Finally get my socks and shoes on. . .by this time I’m still kinda crying but I’m dressed, got my apron on and ready to go.  Poor Bug is freaking out because I’m crying and keeps asking, “Is she gonna die?!”  I’m in the car, still crying and finally it’s like, “I just can’t do this today.”  So I didn’t make it to work Saturday.

Pretty much had a crappy, crying in my chair, sleeping most of the kind of day.  But Tiffers brought me home a get well gift.


And I got prettied up and took this today.  It only took me like 3 hours to get ready is all. . .


Today has been better.  I feel a little better, probably thanks to my meds I haven’t had in awhile and I absolutely had to go out and buy diet food.  Had too.  There was absolutely nothing here to eat that was good for us or wasn’t some sort of snack that would fill us up for a long period of time.  And I am definitely NOT going to screw up again.  I better lose at least a pound next week or I’m just gonna bawl.  We’ve all been working so hard at this. . .

As for my back, I think my biggest problem is that I have been feeling so AWESOME the past couple of weeks I just completely over did it, to the extreme.  I’d been shopping, work has been super busy, went on a cleaning spree (not because it was dirty, but because it’s exercise) and overall just trying to MOVE.  I am very limited as to what exercises I can do, per my doctor, but as long as I MOVE it counts, right?  Yes, but I’m paying for it now.

And everyone in this house needs something done with their hair!  Grrr!!!  Except for Tiffers. . .this time anyway.  And I be owy and no one seems to care.  *sad face again*

Also, my new fav Bowie song, Be My Wife.  Why yes, yes I will.  Love it.  It’s super simple, one verse, one chorus repeated but timed differently.  It’s one of those songs you wish was longer, but glad it isn’t.  Muy excellente!  Bug said she doesn’t like it.  I’m hoping I get some of my Bowie in the mail tomorrow.  That would be a wonderful pick me up.  Music is definitely a drug for me that makes me feel better. . .

Done now. . .  :)

PS  This blog brought to you by David Bowie’s Be My wife.


PSS  The guitar on this song is killer.

PSSS  This is how I want to be proposed to. 

PSSSS  check out the “aww” moment at 2:27. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment