Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"the music is outside. . ."

Hallo spaceboys and girls!

Had a crazy dream last night that I was totally telling someone off.  I’m talking an over indulgent use of the ‘f’ word, lots of other random cuss words and even throwing a few items.  When I woke up I felt much better. . .have you ever had dreams like that? 

I seem to not be doing so well on my Weight Watchers this week, I don’t know what my problem is.  I literally don’t really want to eat.  Maybe cuz I’m really not all that interested in the food we have to choose from.  This morning I had my coffee, my handful of meds and made me half a whole wheat bagel with WW cream cheese (which is practically like the real thing) and had one bite and that was about all I could deal with.  It sat on my desk for over an hour before I finally forced it down and now it’s sitting like a brick in my stomach.  And it wasn’t even like I got up and immediately made it, if that were the case, we’d be talking about puke right now.  lol   I have a very bad gag reflex when it comes to gross looking things and smells.  I will puke on you.  You’ve been warned.  I’m beginning to believe the coffee and my meds fill my tummy up for breakfast.  I can’t drop the meds, but maybe I need to drop the coffee. . .but it’s so hard!

Ok. . .it’s been a few hours and now I am most definitely hungry.  Healthy Choice frozen meal, here I come!  And we’re having chicken tacos tonight for din-din. . .I’ll let ya know how they turn out. . .

Oh my gosh, I am so in love with the Bowie song Outisde.  Love, love love it!  It’s got this epic quality to it, like the music gets bigger and bigger and you think it’s going to explode into this huge crescendo but it hangs back just enough to not turn it into a Meat Loaf song. . .that’s kinda what it reminds me of.  The boom, boom it has going on reminds me of I Would Do Anything For Love in a way. . .I don’t know, but it's so AMZAZING!  The first track, Outside, and the last track, Strangers When We Meet are about the only two songs that make any sort of sense in the mass collection of information that is the Outside album . . .

More Bowie in the mail today!


I’m gonna have to make a special shelf for Bowie since I’m starting to get my collection going.  I’ve got a special shelf for my Goo Goo Dolls, Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks and David Gray



Is that lame?  No.  It’s called being a fan.  What I really need is a book shelf. . .my one slot for books is becoming very, very cramped.  Not to mention  I have them hidden all around my room ie. in the closet and under my bed. . .

. . .well the tacos turned out pretty yummy.  Not so sure about fat free sour cream though. . .mixed in it was ok, but I knew it wasn’t real sour cream and it made me sad on the inside, but I am insanely full. . .

Ohuhmygosh. . .I have GOT to STAY AWAY from EBAY!  I blame it all on yourtube.  It’s all youtube’s fault.  Not mine.  No siree.  I was just minding my own business looking for the Bowie video to put on the PS  when I stumbled on Bowie and NIN performances.  The Hurt duet was just crazy awesome and I see that it’s on VHS via NIN.  So I think, “let me check that out on ebay.” Now  I’ve been browsing Bowie DVD/VHS stuffs for like an hour and I just couldn’t resist this one:  BEST OF BOWIE - 2 DVD SET


I’m so B-A-D!  But I need this!  Really I do!  It’s a must have, I mean look at this track list!

Tracks DVD 1:
OH! YOU PRETTY THINGS (FROM OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST)
QUEEN BITCH (FROM OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST)
FIVE YEARS (FROM OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST)
STARMAN (FROM TOP OF THE POPS)
JOHN, I´M ONLY DANCING
THE JEAN GENIE
SPACE ODDITY
DRIVE-IN SATURDAY (FROM RUSSELL HARTY PLUS POP)
LIFE ON MARS?
ZIGGY STARDUST (FROM THE MOTION PICTURE)
REBEL REBEL (FROM TOPPOP)
YOUNG AMERICANS (FROM THE DICK CAVETT SHOW)
BE MY WIFE
HEROES
BOYS KEEP SWINGING
D.J.
LOOK BACK IN ANGER
ASHES TO ASHES
FASHION
WILD IS THE WIND
LET´S DANCE
CHINA GIRL
MODERN LOVE
CAT PEOPLE (PUTTING OUT FIRE) (FROM SERIOUS MOONLIGHT TOUR)
BLUE JEAN
LOVING THE ALIEN
DANCING IN THE STREET (WITH MICK JAGGER)

Tracks DVD 2:
ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
UNDERGROUND
AS THE WORLD FALLS DOWN
DAY-IN DAY-OUT
TIME WILL CRAWL
NEVER LET ME DOWN
FAME ´90
JUMP THEY SAY
BLACK TIE WHITE NOISE
MIRACLE GOODNIGHT
BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA
THE HEART´S FILTHY LESSON
STRANGERS WHEN WE MEET  --  this was the MAIN reason I bought it. . .am I bad?
HALLO SPACEBOY
LITTLE WONDER
DEAD MAN WALKING
SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET
I´M AFRAID OF AMERICANS
THURSDAY´S CHILD
SURVIVE

Awesome right?  Right!  That’s right.

Well, think I’ve said all I needed to say for the day.  Been writing this on and off while taking breaks from cleaning, laundry, haircut *insert Alan Rickman video from previous blog*, cooking and I’ve still got to clean Grissom and his stinkyness.

Done now. . .  :)

PS  This blog brought to you by David Bowie’s Outside.



PSS  This music is gorgeous. . .

PSSS  Sorry this blog seems so scatter brained. . .I've been writing it on and off since 11 this morning. . .lol

No comments:

Post a Comment