Monday, February 14, 2011

"fall dog is cruel and smart, smart time breaks the heart, fall dog bombs the moon. . ."

Hey hey my wonderful blog readers!

How goes it?

Been another couple of days since I’ve yacked at ya, but to be honest, I haven’t felt that good.  Wanna hear about?  No?  *in ominous echo*  Then turn back now!   So anyway, very early Sunday morning I wake up with that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I’m going to be sick.  I proceed to go back to sleep.  Number 1:  my back hurt and I didn’t wanna get up.  Number 2:  I don’t sleep very well at all and didn’t wanna get up.  Well, by the time I absolutely had to get up and get ready for work, I barely made it to the bathroom before the contents of my stomach rebelled.  Two more times before I even made it work, too. . .and I was late.  So yeah, crappy Sunday for me. . .

Why was I sick?  The flu?  No.  The stomach virus?  No.  I blame it on my fiber baby.  What is a fiber baby?  Let me tell you.  It was a grilled cheese sandwich I made out of gross tasteless cheese and double fiber wheat bread.  After I ate it, it expanded in my belly and became a fiber baby.  I regretted eating it immediately.  Now, the only reason I even ate the bread is because it is only 1 point per serving whereas regular wheat bread is two.  I thought I was saving myself two points by being healthy and awesome.  Not at all.  It just made me sick and made my back hurt even more than usual from heaving.  But to be honest with ya, I’ll probably eat it again.  That stuff is expensive for it to just sit there only to get thrown away!

Me and Tiffers have dubbed it, Butt!Bread because it tastes like butt.  When I made my grilled cheese I used spray butter (0 points) with a little garlic powder on the outside for some flavor and it was basically as if someone put a clove of garlic in their butt and let it ferment for awhile and I took it and rubbed it on my bread. . .I’m guessing anyway. . .in reality, I would NOT rub Butt!Garlic on any type of bread I was about to eat. . .on somebody elses?  Maybe.  Mine?  Definitely not.

A first for me today, I ate my very first veggie burger and. . .it wasn’t that bad.  I can totally handle a veggie burger.  And I did indulge in tator tots.  They were the appropriate portion size, 10 per serving, and I didn’t use ketchup.  Not because I didn’t want to, but because we didn’t have any.  *whine*  But my dinner only amounted to 14 points (2 servings of tots) and I am uber full.

Yesterday I had a really horrible day with eating.  I didn’t eat anything bad, I didn’t go over my points, but all I did was snack all day.  I didn’t  really eat one proper meal and I consumed most of my food that night.  Remember I was sick most of the day and by the time I got home about 3:30 I was raging hungry!  I had a Smart Ones meal, some Pringles, string cheese, coffee, whole wheat bagel and cream cheese. . .later on I had some Smart Ones bagel bites, more Pringles. . .see how this is going?  So yesterday I decided that I absolutely have to have meals.  This snacking just isn’t going to cut.  I felt like I ate from the time I got home to the time I went to bed and I was still hungry.  Today for breakfast I had oatmeal from McDonalds, 7 points, and kept me full until I got home!  Then for lunch I had a Smart Ones meal and I already told ya what I had for dinner.  Snack later and I should be fine.

Onto other things not food related, I got another Bowie CD in the mail. . .Reality.  Yays!  And I’m loving all of it!


I am really loving, at the moment, She’ll Drive the Big Car and Fall Dog Bombs the Moon.  I have no idea what FDBTM is about or means (I’ve already tried looking it up, but this is a Bowie song and they’re all up for interpretation) but I love the music and melody.  And it’s got the newer version of Rebel Rebel that he played on his last tour. . .whoop whoop!  Damn I wish he’d tour again.  If scrawny ass Mick Jagger can get up on the Grammy stage with his old self and colored hair and sing a 2 minute song 6 minutes too long (seriously, I thought it was never going to end!) then Bowie could do it.  Then again, I’m not Bowie, maybe he doesn’t want to tour anymore. . .which makes me sad.  Although I did hear he’s supposed to have a book coming out soon. . .

Oh and check out Bug’s Valentine.  This is Jareth the Giraffe. . .


And this is her David Bowie Valentine card.  There is a fan made video she likes to watch on youtube of Labyrinth clips set to Taylor Swift’s song Love Story (this is a musical card) so when I found the card last month, I knew exactly what I was going to do!



OK, done now. . .

PS  This blog brought to you by David Bowie’s Fall Dog Bombs the Moon. . .it starts at 4:05.


PSS  There are moments in this song where it almost sounds like they could break into Hard Luck Woman by Kiss. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment