Monday, January 24, 2011

"i found the secrets i found gold, i found you out before you grow old. . ."

Hey hey my little bumble bees!

(Don’tcha just love my terms of endearment?)

Just got home a bit ago. . .uber tired.  Sleeping in a chair sucks. . .thinking about a little nap later, but I’m pretty sure that won’t happen, but a nap is always nice to think about right?  Work was super slow, tips sucked.  But I made enough to get a couple packages in the mail and buy the stuffs to make tater tot casserole. . .yum-o!

I’ve finally made the decision to join Weight Watchers.  There was once a point in my life when it was like, “I’m fat.  I’m happy with myself.  If you don’t like, you can go and fuck yourself.”  The end.  Now it’s not a matter of being happy with myself, cuz let’s face it, I am adorable chubby (lol), but my health is suffering because of it.  Yeah, my fat didn’t make me have a shitty back, genetics did, but it doesn’t help.  Plus I’m turning 29 this year and dammit, I want a jumpy house for my b-day and I don’t want to look like a big ‘ol cow jumping up and down in it!  Yeah, I’m renting a jumpy house for my b-day. . .don’t be jealous!  Going to sign up Friday so this will be the last time I can ever enjoy tater tot casserole guilt free. . .but it’ll be totally worth it.

As for my b-day, this is going to be the last b-day party I ever want to have.  Twenty-nine is it!  Maybe I’ll have another one if I make it to 80, then I’ll celebrate my 30th. . .until then, 20 foreva!

On the Bowie home front, just bought the Stigmata soundtrack off ebay today. . .yays! 


Stigmata is one of my ALL TIME fav movies.  Like in ever.  Somehow, and don’t ask me how, when this movie came out in ’99, miraculously our family tv could get all the pay-per-view channels for free.  Imagine that!  And these were the days (I don’t know it still might be) when you ordered a movie, you could watch it all day and Stigmata happened to be one of those movies and I watched that movie 24/7 until it went off pay-per-view, it was also one of the very first DVDs I ever bought for myself.  Gabriel Byrne is so deelish.  *sigh*  


Anyway while browsing through Bowie music, I noticed that he had a song on the soundtrack and when I listened to it I immediately knew where it was in the movie. . .well, the one in the movie is a special mix that apparently you can only get on the soundtrack, haven’t been able to find it anywhere else.  So I broke down and bought it today. . .can’t wait to get it!

I love the original version. . .Bowie has that 90’s gritty grunge rock sound to his voice, kinda reminds me of Eddie Vedder a bit, but still in a Bowie way if that makes any sense. . .

Really getting into making my hair bows again.  I’ve got new inspiration and am watching a ton of stuff on ebay, which is kinda bad.  I had a really awful ebay habit back in the day and I can feel it creeping up on the back of my neck again.  I bought so much pointless musical stuff on there. . .it was totally worth it though.  Music is life for me so in a way, it was like buying food that never expires. . .

Done now. . .

PS.  This blog brought to you by David Bowie’s The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell. . .

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy,

    Good luck on the weight watchers, just remember to take things in stride. Honestly I give you a lot of credit, I could never do weight watchers because of all the rules. If that one doesn't work out for you try some of the stuff from the Biggest Loser, they have all kinds of books that help you slowly switch to their diet so that you don't feel overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i go to sign up tomorrow. . .i don't think i'll have too much of a problem, i've been eating Weight Watchers food for a while now, it's just time to make it official! :D

    ReplyDelete