Friday, January 21, 2011

"all my violence raging tears upon the sheets, i'm resentful for we're strangers when we meet. . ."

Hello my blog reader!  (Yes, I realize it’s only you Tiffers and I appreciate your interest!)

It’s been a million years since I’ve blogged, yes I know this, and in my last blog I was probably either A.) going to a concert or B.) whining.  Well, I haven’t been to a concert since October so guess what this blog is about?

It’s actually been so long since I blogged, I couldn’t even remember my password.  I’ve been trying to change my passwords up lately because I keep reading that you shouldn’t have the same password for everything you do on the internet.  I mean, who really does that?  Certainly NOT me. 

Now, let’s get the whining bit over so we can talk about what I really want to talk about, which is my new musical obsession, but I’m gonna keep ya in suspense on that one.  (Unless you follow me on Facebook and by now I’m sure you already know and are tired of hearing about.  Yes, I’m still talking to you Tiffers.)  I’ve come to the conclusion this morning that I’m not enjoying my morning coffee like I used to and that makes me sad.  Why does that make me sad you ask?  Because I’ve come to the realization that it’s not the coffee I enjoy anymore, it’s the fact that it speeds up my tiny cocktail of meds I take every morning.  And yes, they’re all prescribed by doctors. . .except for the DayQuil I’ve been taking this week.  And I don’t know how many of you out there suffer from chronic back pain, I have since my very early 20’s, but I have built up a very high pain tolerance.  I personally believe I could give birth to twins and not need an epidural.   Would I want one?  HELL YES!  But would I necessarily need one?  Nah.

Example:  This morning when I got out of chair, yes I haven’t slept in a bed in 4 months, I cried a little and by the time I made it to the bathroom and was attempting to get to the kitchen to get my coffee I don’t enjoy anymore, I screamed a little and had tears in my eyes.  But when I smelled that coffee and poured it into my cup and those bits of steam swirled out, I knew I was going to fell better in about 15 minutes, not because of the deliciously evil caffeine, but because I was about to take a small handful of pills with my deliciously evil caffeine.  And now, while I don’t feel I could take on the world, I feel like I can make it through the day.  Except for the fact that all my sneezing and coughing send a pain so severe to my leg that sometimes I’d rather chop it off than keep it, which is where the high pain tolerance comes in.  I can now go to work, I can cook, I can clean, I can play with Bug, I can do most normal things with a reasonably lesser degree of pain.  But I can’t get a Diet Rite from the fridge because people keep putting them all the way at bottom in the back. . .grr unto you!

Whining over.  Let’s talk about Bowie.  And by Bowie, I mean the one and only David Bowie, my current musical obsession.  It all started when Tiffers and I were babysitting the Bug one day and Tiffers was tired of Bug watching The Neverending Story.  “Let’ watch the Labyrinth.  I loved this movie when I was little.”  Me and Tiffers set out to do our daily crafts at the kitchen table and after about an hour of silence I look up and ask, “Where’s Bug?”  I hadn’t heard a peep from her since the movie started and when I was little the Labyrinth kinda freaked me out (Hoggle is freaky looking!) and I think she’s sitting in the living room scared to death.  Not at all.  She’s in love.  With David Bowie.  In a very ugly wig.  She’s been sitting in the there completely enthralled.  Now we have a Bug obsessed with the Labyrith, listening to the soundtrack over and over and over again.  So I, trying to save my sanity, suggest other Bowie songs for her on YouTube and suddenly, she loves Bowie even when he doesn’t have his wig on!  And I find myself captivated by The Thin White Duke as well. . .so here we are.  Me and Bug totally in love with Bowie and Tiffers silently hating herself for starting the whole thing.  At the moment, I am completely and utterly devoted to one song, Strangers When We Meet. 


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(and no I didn’t stay up til 3 o’clock in the morning making screen caps of this video. . .you can’t judge me!)

Leave it to me to find one of Bowie’s most poppy ballads, but I’m a product of the 80’s, what can I say?  Literally, I want to crawl up into this song in the fetal position and hibernate all of winter and possibly the beginning of the spring when it’s still all cold.  By then the snow is gone, most of the cold and Kentucky will be in bloom and hopefully my back will be on the mend again.  Then I can bust out with the rockin’ Bowie in the sunshine and the pool.  Yes, I have a mix for everything and that includes my pool time.

So, I’ve just barely touched onto my new obsession, but this blog is mega long so I’ll leave the rest for another time. . .i’ll be back sooner than the last few times.  Promise.

Done now. . .

PS.  This blog is brought to you by David Bowie’s Strangers When We Meet. . .duh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rllBPMbuvIY

No comments:

Post a Comment