Monday, May 16, 2011

"you remind me of the babe. . ."

Hello my lovelies!

How is everyone out there in blog land???  It’s been awhile, I hope your doing awesomely!  Me and Tiffers (my sister) have been vlogging like crazy lately and I’ve neglected my blog and I’m sorry.

So, yesterday was my Bug’s birthday and we had her a David Bowie/Labyrinth themed birthday party. . .

(this is the part of the movie her party was based off. . .the ball/dream sequence.)

. . . it’s what she wanted and it came out wonderful if I do say so myself!



I had bought a few decorations at the Peddler’s Mall but to be honest, we really didn’t have to buy much, maybe spent $40, probably less on decorations.  Let me think, we bought streamer, table cloth, decorative rocks and balloons at Dollar Tree and I bought these awesome suckers from Oriental Trading. . .

actually wedding suckers but the color matched perfect and you could put on them whatever you want.
. . .and the masks cost about $10 and we made 13 with plenty of supplies left to make more. 


The boas came from ebay, 3 for $10, cuz at Michael they were $10 a piece!  Uh no.  All the owls and the big Labyrinth poster came from Tiffers,  the little pictures were Bug’s. . .I mean, yeah $40 might be a lot for decorations, but you don’t wanna know what we’ve spent before.

Her cake is another story, it was about to piss me off and I was close to throwing it out the window!  Fondant is a douche.  A complete and utter douche.  That stuff is a pain to work with!  And I was already tired from working, then I had to come home and do the cake, get her decorations up and my mom was there to help (Bug was there to help but mainly got in the way lol) and I get so anal about my parties.  I can’t help it.  No one likes me when it gets down to nitty gritty party time and I’m sorry.  I really am.  But I am a bit OCD and picky about certain things. . .anyway, the cake came out pretty good.  The one thing I was most proud of was the writing, it’s the first time I’ve written on a cake and thank goodness for cake stencils, best investment I’ve made cake decorating wise. . .


Now for some Labyrinth birthday goodies!

Jareth's necklace!
love that smile!
We also got a bouncy house for ‘em and it was so cold and rainy!  Them kiddos froze but it’s like, ‘that  bouncy house was $160, someone better get in it and bounce and you better have a good time!’  And they did, all the kids loved it!  Later me, Tiffers and the Bug got in it, even though everyone freaked out cuz I wanted to and they wouldn’t let me stand up in it, but it was so much uber fun! 




I stayed on my knees the entire time and Tiffers' and Bug’s bouncing made me bounce and let me tell ya, I guess it was just from bracing myself, by my friggin’ thighs hurt so bad!  Fat girls were not meant to bounce like that!  Or at least this fat girl wasn’t. . .and when I got out my knees were so owy and confused they were all jittery, took a bit for them to settle down. . .and standing at work today, my thigh muscles hurt more than my back!  Which is a nice detour of pain so I’m not complaining at all. . .

All in all and I think the part came out pretty good and everyone had a nice time and took plenty of cake home with ‘em!  Weight Watchers does not allow for cake binges so the cake that was left over at the end of the night (which wasn’t much I promise you, I’m talking people went home with a mega plate of cake) went in the trash.  No more temptation!

What else?  I think that’s about it.  I’ll leave you with this.


Done now. . .  :)

PS.  This blog brought to you by David Bowie’s/Labyrinth’s Magic Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment